[Marxism] The FBI files on being and nothingness

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Wed Nov 20 06:43:17 MST 2013

I was leafing through some FBI files on French philosophers when a new
candidate for occupancy of the populous Grassy Knoll in Dallas leapt out
at me. To the massed ranks of the CIA, the Mafia, the KGB, Castro,
Hoover, and LBJ, we can now add: Jean-Paul Sartre. FBI and State
Department reports of the 1960s had drawn attention to Sartre’s
membership of the Fair Play for Cuba Committee, of which Lee Harvey
Oswald was also a member. And—prophetically?—Sartre had “dismissed the
US as a headless nation.” Naturally I rushed around trying to work out
exactly where Sartre might have been on 22nd November 1963. Could he,
after all, have been the Second Shooter? Suddenly all the pieces started
to fall into place.

full:
http://www.prospectmagazine.co.uk/art-books/camus-sartre-fbi-hoover/#.Uoy8N41Q2zY