[Marxism] Thoughts on Thanksgiving | Louis Proyect: The Unrepentant Marxist

DW dwaltersmia at gmail.com
Thu Nov 28 09:45:21 MST 2013

We are using a modified version of Bitman's recipe, since brining has
become all the rage (though to be factual, the Food Nework's Alton Brown
has had as much to do with this than anyone).

This is the first year I'm no making goose, my traditional thanksgiving
fair, stuffed with a recipe of Minnesota wild rice, toasted pistachio nuts,
tons of orange zest and a butter-soy sauce-honey-bitter-orange-marmalade
sauce mixed in with the stuffing. No BREAD in this recipe.

Fine, politically Thanksgiving sucks for the stated reasons ad nausium. But
it's one of the few secular holidays that lets me actually forget about the
degradation of our species and planet by capitalism. Cooking for me is my
drug of choice, my escapism, my ability to deal with all the shit we see
and experience.

I'm never gonna apologize for it.

David