[Marxism] Rout at Grangemouth : Whither Trade Unionism?

shaun may mnwps at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 28 11:08:51 MST 2013

The Grangemouth plant is only a brief westerly journey by car up the road from the battlefield at Dunbar. Not since Old Nol and his republican army utterly crushed Leslie's Covenanters at Dunbar in 1650 has there been such a rout in bonnie Scotland. The UNITE bureaucracy totally caved in and conceded everything to capital.

'Tactical retreat' or the tendency and future of trade unionism in the epoch of capital's deepening structural crisis?

Where is trade unionism going?

Shaun May
http://shaunpmay.wordpress.com/from-where-we-stand-the-limits-of-trade-unionism-in-its-current-form-of-organisation-and-bureaucratised-structure/

http://shaunpmay.wordpress.com

http://spmay.wordpress.com

Take it easy  (favourite motto of Engels)

Doubt everything (favourite motto of Marx)

Marriage is a wonderful institution, but who wants to live in an institution?
Groucho Marx

'Sir, if you were my husband, I would put poison in your coffee.'  Nancy Astor.
'Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it.' Winston Churchill.

Blenheim Palace, 1912