[Marxism] BREAKING NEWS: Assad's Thankgiving Massacre in #Raqqa

Clay Claiborne clayclai at gmail.com
Fri Nov 29 21:14:10 MST 2013

I just published this to Linux Beach:

      BREAKING NEWS: Assad's Thankgiving Massacre in #Raqqa
      <http://claysbeach.blogspot.com/2013/11/breaking-news-assads-thankgiving.html>

*A Scud missile blew up a bakery* in ar-Raqqa
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ar-Raqqah> on Wednesday. The Death toll
now stands at 40 but with another 200 injured, the number killed is
almost certain to rise. All told, three Scud have hit ar-Raqqa on
Thanksgiving or the day before.

I feel compelled to pen this blog because nobody in the mainstream media
is reporting this story and that includes *Amy Goodman* and *Democracy
Now*. I also believe this massacre news blackout involves most, if not
all of the /"Left"/ and /"anti-war"/ press. I feel compelled to report
this story because nobody else is doing it and I don't think this war
crime should be hidden from public view.

Unlike the poison gas attacks and other Syrian slaughters in which
perpetrator has been in question, there can be no doubt who is
responsible for these massacres because only the Assad regime has the
big Scud missiles. Scuds are unguided missiles and they are very
inaccurate. That is not important to Assad because he is targeting
civilians and he is not too particular which civilians he slaughters,
however using such weapons against a residential area is a war crime.
Unfortunately we apparently live in a world were war crimes may be
catalogued but they won't be stopped and they won't be punished, so the
suffering of the Syrian people in a depraved world continues.

Since ar-Raqqa was liberated from the Assad regime's grasp last March,
bombardment by the regime hasn't been its only problem. It was been
re-invaded by Islamic jhadists, possibly some of the same ones Assad let
out of jail, and while the Assad regime has been terrorizing them from
above, these jhadists have been terrorizing people on the ground by
attempt to impose their version of shari law and their vision of an
Islamic Syria.

Since the Assad regime likes to present its opposition as consisting
entirely of Islamic terrorists, one might assume that the bombardment
was aimed that these elements, but that has not been the case. 26
November 2013 the BBC interviewed
<http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-25109708> at activist named Mohammed
about Raqqa who thinks the main jhadist group in ar-Raqqa, Islamic State
of Iraq and the Levant (ISIS), is in collusion with the Assad regime:

    [Mohammed] claims they are working with the government to undermine
    the rebellion. /"[In Raqqa], they have occupied the governor's house
    and other former Baath Party buildings. But when the city comes
    under bombardment, only schools, hospitals and residential areas are
    hit, and not any ISIS-occupied locations,"/ he says.

*More ...*
<http://claysbeach.blogspot.com/2013/11/breaking-news-assads-thankgiving.html>

Clay Claiborne, Producer
Vietnam: American Holocaust <http://vietnamamericanholocaust.com/>