[Marxism] Exclusive: CIA Files Prove America Helped Saddam as He Gassed Iran

Jeff meisner at xs4all.nl
Sun Sep 1 10:31:19 MDT 2013

At 08:28 01-09-13 -0700, Bonnie Weinstein wrote:

>Exclusive: CIA Files Prove America Helped Saddam as He Gassed Iran

This is extremely old news (but it's great if new documentation concerning
it has emerged!). But is there a suggestion that this history has ANY
bearing on what the Syrians should do at this point?

Is the "analogy" that because the US was complicit in Saddam Hussein's use
of chemical weapons the US is acting in league with Bashar al-Assad when he
uses chemical weapons? That doesn't sound likely, but even if true it
wouldn't change anything as far as I can see. The Syrians need gas masks
regardless of who is helping or not helping Assad gas them. Since the
government won't let gas masks or medical supplies get through the same
lines they let the UN inspectors through, I'd be happy to see armed convoys
delivering them regardless. That would save lives whether the armed groups
were from Jahbat al Nusra, the US army, or Martians who just landed on
earth. Just as long as they aren't allowed to stay, which the Syrian people
would insure in either of those cases if they are empowered.

- Jeff

P.S. I will not stoop to address the latest "information" claiming that
Syrian rebels were responsible for the 21 August atrocity. Suffice it to
say that I am no longer a holocaust denier: I now realize that 6 million
Jews were killed by other Jews!!