[Marxism] The Irish vessel lies emptied of its poetry

Gary MacLennan gary.maclennan1 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 1 15:58:50 MDT 2013

I had been meaning to work up a piece on Auden's poem on the death of W. B.
Yeats and interesting reactionary speech and a piece of pompous rhetoric
disguising a move to the right.  I might get round to it yet.

then the news of Seamus Heaney's death came and I thought I would at lest
acknowledge that.  I knew Heaney vaguely while at Uni.  He then taught me
English in my post graduate year at the teacher's college.  I last saw him
in 64.

It would be worthwhile investigating his writing from a political point of
view. And again that is a project for another day.

For the moment I will simply record my sadness at the passing of a very
decent friendly man.

comradely

Gary