[Marxism] Syrians In Ghouta Claim Saudi-Supplied Rebels Behind Chemical Attack

Eli Stephens elishastephens at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 1 21:34:52 MDT 2013

Ken Hiebert writes:

One version of this that I received said, "Militants tell AP reporter ...."
This has prompted a clarification on MintPressnews.

Of course, the fact that someone on the ground spoke directly to an AP
reporter, even if just a freelance (think Dahr Jamail; "freelance" is not
synonymous with "non-credible" gives this article more credibility than 95%
of the reporting coming out of Syria, typically sourced to the Syrian
Observatory on Human Rights which in turn talks to "activists" on the
ground.

Not that this makes this particular story true or false. I reserve judgment.
But again, it is hardly any less credible than most stories coming from
Syria.

Eli Stephens
 Left I on the News
 http://lefti.blogspot.com