[Marxism] Support RAC-LA-Running Down The Walls 5K Run/Walk/Bike-Sunday, September 8th

John A Imani johnaimani3 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 10:23:13 MDT 2013

(JAI:  Comrades, come out and support the work that RAC-LA has been doing
amongst the undocumented, low income, jobless and homeless of the MacArthur
Park area for almost 6 years; and assist the comradely actions and
activities of the ABCF (Los Angeles) and their continuing efforts to
provide aid to the all-to-many all-too-forgotten freedom fighters still
incarcerated under inhumane conditions.)

*LA-ABCF’s Annual *

*Running Down The Walls 5K Run/Walk/Bike*

*www.abcf.net/la*

On *Sunday, September 8th, 2013 at 10 a.m*., the Los Angeles Anarchist
Black Cross will host a 5K Run/Walk/Bike around MacArthur Park. This Run is
designed to raise much-needed funds for the Anarchist Black Cross
Federation's Warchest program and for Revolutionary Autonomous Communities,
Los Angeles (RAC-LA).

We are attempting to reach the goal of $3,000 with the run. Funds will be
divided between the two programs:

*ABCF Warchest: *

The ABCF Warchest program was created in November of 1994. Its purpose is
to send monthly financial support to Political Prisoners and Prisoners of
War (PP/POWs). The Warchest funds are divided and distributed through
monthly stipends to political prisoners who receive little or no financial
aid. Prisoners use this money to cover the basic necessities of everyday
living. These funds have been used by prisoners to pay for stamps, shoes,
clothes, as well as assisting their families with what little they can.

*Revolutionary Autonomous Communities-Los Angeles (RAC-LA):*

In the aftermath of the May Day 2007 police riot targeting migrant workers
who dared stand up for our human rights, members of the MacArthur Park area
and others joined together to support those with no papers and those with
no means. RAC-LA came forward to aid the community in self-organizing such
that with the help of each other we might make an inhuman way of living a
bit more bearable while at same time acquiring the means to one day
transform this system into an image of our own humanity.

*Solidarity Runs:*

Every year, prisoners and supporters of political prisoners organize
solidarity runs with Running Down the Walls. In Sync with each other, we
will collectively pound the pavement with our feet and bike tires as we
exhibit our strength and stamina as examples of our tireless effort to free
our imprisoned comrades. In past years we had runs in: Albuquerque (NM),
Arcata (CA), Ashland, (OR), Bellefonte (PA), Boston (MA), Connecticut
River, Dannemora (NY), Denver, (CO), Detroit (MI), Elmore (AL), Guelph
(CAN), Inez (KY), Los Angeles (CA), Marion (IL), Mexico City (MEX), New
York City (NY), USP. Navosta (TX), Pelican Bay (CA), Phoenix (AZ), Sandstone
(MN), Tucson (AZ), USP Tucson (AZ), and Toronto (CAN).

*-This year’s Running Down the Walls solidarity runs will be held on the
Sunday, September 1st, 2013, with the exception of Los Angeles and Vermont,
these events are scheduled for Sunday, September 8**th*

*Support the Struggle:*

We must remember that many of those arrested in the past or present are not
far from us. Many of them were and are community and labor activists,
queer, and environmental activists; people who decided to speak out against
various forms of oppression and paid the price of their freedom for their
actions. We must remember that anyone of these people could have at one
time stood beside us in a demonstration, at a speak-out, or even at an
organizing meeting. At any given moment it could be us who finds ourselves
in this situation, so it is imperative that we ensure that a strong enough
community of support exists for these people as well as ourselves. The
strength of our movement is determined by how much we support our fallen
comrades. As Anarchist and former POW Ojore Lutalo says, "Any Movement that
does not support its political internees, is a sham movement." So please
help us, help them! Help us help you!

*We encourage people to participate in helping us raise funds for the
Warchest, which can be done in the following ways:*

*Be a runner:*

We are asking people or groups who are running to collect as many sponsor
for the run as possible. Remember the money received is going to help
imprisoned comrades who need your help. The person who collects the most
amount of funds will be given a prize for their involvement and dedication
to helping our fallen comrades.

*Sponsor a runner:*

This can be done through a flat donation to the runner of your choice, each
flyer is a sponsor sheet. We ask from those who wish not to run to actively
support those who are running in hopes of collecting as much for our
comrades as possible.

*Sponsor Running Down the Walls: *

Any amount helps. Contact the Los Angeles Anarchist Black Cross if you wish
to simply donate money to the cause.

*Donate to:*

*-The Warchest:*

Send funds directly to the Los Angeles ABCF (PO Box 11223, Whittier, CA
90603) or to the Philadelphia ABCF (PO Box 42129, Philadelphia, PA 19101)
make checks or money orders out only to Tim Fasnacht.

*-Revolutionary Autonomous Communities, Los Angeles (RAC-LA): **
http://revolutionaryautonomouscommunities.blogspot.com/*

*https://www.facebook.com/raclosangeles*

Contact:  John A Imani johnaimani3 at gmail.com*
*

*Get involved in the planning of Running Down the Walls: *

We always need help with organizing the event and we encourage people to
contact us if they would like to get involved. You can do this by
contacting the LA Anarchist Black Cross, *www.abcf.net/la*, *la at abcf.net*

 -Jaan Laaman, UFF Political Prisoner Statement of Solidarity

October 19th 2002 My Brothers,

"Thank you for running at this special event that means so much to many of
us all over the world, both free and imprisoned. In a relative way, we are
all political prisoners because it is the politics of this system of things
that is exploiting, crushing, imprisoning, and destroying the masses all
over the world and the earth itself. Then there are those who know this and
take actions against those who seek to deny us our rightful place on earth
as common human brethren. Those are the ones we run for and seek to help...
whom sacrificed their family, freedom and lives, so that our lives may be
better! The fact that you ran with us is a sign that when the red-hour
comes, you will not be caught asleep. You are conscious and you too are
willing to represent. The potential in you is great. Thank you for running
for the cause!"

"As we ran we were thinking and talking about all the runners in Los
Angeles and how we'd love to be out there running with them. We also spoke
about the other political prisoners who were running with us in at least
some other prisons."

*Running Down the Walls 2013*

When: Sunday, September 8th, 2013, 10 am - 2 pm

Where: MacArthur Park, (West corner), 2230 W. 6th St., Los Angeles, CA 90057

Registration fees:$15, preregistration $12 (Make checks out to Tim Fasnacht)

Or for paypal:

*Log in to your PayPal account <http://www.paypal.com/>* and send your
donation online to the email address "timABCF at aol.com" (Tim Fasnacht). Make
sure to add in the notes section that your donation is for RDTW 2013. If
you'd prefer to stay anonymous or are donating in the name of an
organization, let us know.

For more information contact the Los Angeles Branch Group of the Anarchist
Black Cross Federation

PO BOX 11223

Whitier, Ca 90603

http://www.abcf.net/la/laabcf.asp?page=la/rdtw