[Marxism] Arab Winter?

michael yates mikedjyates at msn.com
Tue Sep 3 12:58:01 MDT 2013

Achcar is a bright guy, and it good to see someone make a real analysis of what is going on in Syria and with the Arab Spring. At least this give us something with depth to examine and think about. I like the idea of a long period of upheaval not really stoppable given the tensions he delineates. I don't know what he says about the geopolitical conditions that I think must be taken into account, even if they shouldn't be thought of as determinative.