[Marxism] would Russia have been justified to attack Israel over 2008 Gaza massacre?

Jeff meisner at xs4all.nl
Wed Sep 4 07:33:32 MDT 2013

On Wed, September 4, 2013 13:53, Dennis Brasky wrote:

> http://mondoweiss.net/2013/09/kerrys-rationale-to-attack-syria-could-have-also-justified-attack-on-israel-over-gaza.html

"But what struck me when reading Kerry’s remarks was that his rationale
would have paved the way for Russia to unilaterally attack Israel in the
wake of Israel’s assault on Gaza in 2008-2009."

Well I totally agree! So my question to the new "antiwar movement" that
has been created just in the last 2 weeks, is this: If Russia HAD attacked
Israel, would you:

1) Start demonstrating against war ONLY after Russia announced the
possibility of such an intervention?

2) Demanded that the Gazans negotiate with Israel, so that both sides
reach a "fair solution" without outside intervention?

3) Denounced Islamicist currents (such as Hamas) within Gaza for supposed
or real human rights abuses, just as we -- of course -- don't like Israeli
human rights abuses either, come to think of it?

Are those the things that some of you would have done by analogy? Or if
not, then why even mention the OBVIOUS fact that Russia would have had as
much right (or as little right) to take action as the Americans have now.
And why (again by analogy) Russian involvement in Israel's war would
constitute an "emergency" while you hardly had made a peep while Israel
was only at war with Gaza.

- Jeff