[Marxism] Reading the NY Times on Syria | Louis Proyect: The Unrepentant Marxist

Daniel Rocha danieldiniz at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 09:25:16 MDT 2013

For the conspiracy types like me, it doesn't matter what US declares or
not. It matters how the material conditions presents itself for an
intervention and I assume Assad staff is like minded.

The White House probably calculated that now is the moment Syria is
weakened enough that even a very weak and cheap attack could topple Assad.
And that they are so impoverished, whoever won, would likely accept
anything in exchange for financial help.

So, now, a red flag attack, like a poisonous attack is a much better show
to give a political liability for an invasion. So, Assad would not do that,
but the 'rebels' (which is surely an extremely loose 'coalition'), would
surely be prone for that.

--
Daniel Rocha - RJ
danieldiniz at gmail.com