[Marxism] Dear Ray McGovern

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri Sep 6 18:21:46 MDT 2013

Mr. McGovern,

I know that you are playing on your background as an ex-CIA agent who
joined the peace movement but I really wonder if you think anybody can
believe this?

http://warisacrime.org/content/whos-lying-brennan-obama-or-both

"There is a growing body of evidence from numerous sources in the Middle
East — mostly affiliated with the Syrian opposition and its supporters —
providing a strong circumstantial case that the August 21 chemical
incident was a pre-planned provocation by the Syrian opposition and its
Saudi and Turkish supporters. The aim is reported to have been to create
the kind of incident that would bring the United States into the war.

"According to some reports, canisters containing chemical agent were
brought into a suburb of Damascus, where they were then opened. Some
people in the immediate vicinity died; others were injured.

"We are unaware of any reliable evidence that a Syrian military rocket
capable of carrying a chemical agent was fired into the area. In fact,
we are aware of no reliable physical evidence to support the claim that
this was a result of a strike by a Syrian military unit with expertise
in chemical weapons."

In the first two paragraphs you describe a conspiracy involving the
Saudis, the Turks, and the Syria rebels to open canisters and cause the
death of many people.

Do you actually have any "sources in the Middle East" or are you just
spreading the manure that appeared in the Mint Press News? This
cock-and-bull story that you are repeating with the modification that
canisters were opened on purpose rather than accidentally is simply
asserted with nothing to back it up.

One of the strange things I have seen with people like you anxious to
shore up the Baathist dictatorship is a rather cavalier attitude toward
the truth. I have seen Carla del Ponte, Milosevic's crooked prosecutor,
held up as an authority on the rebels being behind chemical attacks and
now we have this from you. What makes you any different from Judith
Miller with her slimy interview with a baseball cap who guaranteed that
Saddam had WMD's?

Well, if it is any consolation, you still same to have a knack for
spreading disinformation--a skill that you learned at Langley.