[Marxism] Cuban press spreads rightwing garbage

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri Sep 20 05:21:29 MDT 2013

On 9/19/13 11:14 PM, Nchamah Miller wrote:

> Why signal out Cuba? Perhaps you have not been following the Latin
> American press?  Venezuela, Ecuador, Bolivia, Argentina, are in line
> with the Cuban position; and Colombia,  true to form took the
> position of non-position,  in order to, on the right  placate the US
> and, on the left , its Latin American progressive allies it is
> courting.
>
> On the topic of bed fellows I was just looking at a picture of
> Roosevelt, Stalin and Churchill at the Yalta Summit in 1945.

I understand the need for diplomatic and economic ties. These countries
rely to one to degree or another on Chinese and Russian largesse. But
when Prensa Latina stoops to become an echo chamber for a World News
Daily journalist--a newspaper that regards Cuba like a rattlesnake views
a mouse--then something profoundly wrong is going on. It is part of the
mental rot that has gripped the pro-Qaddafi, pro-Ahmadinejad, and
pro-Assad left like the kind that occurs in an advanced case of syphilis.