[Marxism] Why I Am Cancelling My Documentary on Hillary Clinton | Charles Ferguson

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Mon Sep 30 18:31:03 MDT 2013

In June, I attended a dinner for Bill Clinton, which was educational.
Clinton spoke passionately about his foundation, about African wildlife,
inequality, childhood obesity, and much else with enormous factual
command, emotion, and rhetorical power. But he and I also spoke
privately. I asked him about the financial crisis. He paused and then
became even more soulful, thoughtful, passionate, and articulate. And
then he proceeded to tell me the most amazing lies I've heard in quite a
while.

For example, Mr. Clinton sorrowfully lamented his inability to stop the
Commodity Futures Modernization Act, which banned all regulation of
private (OTC) derivatives trading, and thereby greatly worsened the
crisis. Mr. Clinton said that he and Larry Summers had argued with Alan
Greenspan, but couldn't budge him, and then Congress passed the law by a
veto-proof supermajority, tying his hands. Well, actually, the reason
that the law passed by that overwhelming margin was because of the
Clinton Administration's strong advocacy, including Congressional
testimony by Larry Summers and harsh public and private attacks on
advocates of regulation by Summers and Robert Rubin.

Wow, I thought, this guy is a really good actor. And I also saw one
reason why Hillary Clinton might not be thrilled about my movie. I
discovered others. In Arkansas, she joined the boards of Walmart and
Tyson Foods. One of the largest donors to the Bill, Hillary, and Chelsea
Clinton Foundation is the government of Saudi Arabia. The Clintons'
personal net worth now probably exceeds $200 million, and while earned
legally, both the money's sources and the Clintons' public statements
indicate a strong aversion to rocking boats or making powerful enemies.

full:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/charles-ferguson/hillary-clinton-documentary_b_4014792.html