[Marxism] Callinicos on Ukraine

Matthew Russo russo.matthew9 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 12:48:19 MDT 2014

Nitpick with "Of course, the US remains the dominant imperialist power on a
world scale", from the otherwise correctly tending

http://www.isj.org.uk/index.php4?id=959#142analysis22

The US is not even hegemonic on the world scale, much less actually
dominant.  China, Russia etc are clearly going their own way, not
voluntarily following a US lead (hegemony).  That is the gist of the
contradictions of the "counter-hegemonist" position.  The US remains the
most powerful imperialism on the planet, is what Callinocos should have
said.

Otherwise I can endorse much of the rest.  We appear to live in a time of
very fluid and seemingly transitory political alignments, where the person
you were screaming at yesterday could end up in the same bed tomorrow, and
visa-versa.

-Matt