[Marxism] A CounterPuncher Needs Our Help

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Mon Apr 7 11:23:47 MDT 2014

A CounterPuncher Needs Our Help

CounterPunch's star writer Kristin Kolb, who pens the Daydream Nation
column for our print magazine, has just been diagnosed with metastatic
breast cancer. She's going to beat it, but she's going to need our help,
too. She needs to concentrate on fighting the disease and taking care of
her daughter--not how to pay her bills at this fraught hour.
Fortunately, one of Kristin's friends just set up an online fundraiser
for her. Please pony up and share the word.

Here's a note from Kristin:

"I live in Vancouver, Canada, and I have metastatic breast cancer, that
means the nasty cells have invaded not only my right breast, but my
body, via my lymph nodes. Women are not screened for breast cancer prior
to 40, and I just turned 40. This was my birthday present.

"Sad story. I know, I'm sad too. BUT if you want to help me, let's raise
the money. I've been told I'm being fast-tracked, which means that I
won't get the best care, only the fastest. I want to go to Toronto to
the cancer clinic there (Princess Margaret - I know, gross name) to get
treatment. And, immediately, I also want to be able regularly to see a
naturopath, acupuncturist, and, especially, a nutritionist, to
supplement traditional medicine. Also, there are costly cancer
medications. But these various things are not covered by Canadian public
health insurance. And I'm broke. I can't afford it."

Please help us fundraise to meet these costs (they are the same as the
are in the USA), please donate what you can.

We are all sisters and brothers. We need to help eachother. That sounds
so trite but it's true. I love you. Thank you."

Please click here (http://www.gofundme.com/82rm48) to donate anything
you can.