[Marxism] The Sadness of Post-Militance: Some Reflections on Brown University?s 'New Directions in Palestine Studies' Conference

Andrew Pollack acpollack2 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 08:16:22 MDT 2014

Actually the political problem with the Palestine solidarity movement, in
the US at least, is that there are way too many PFLP supporters among the
middle-aged leadership. That of course means reinforcing pro-Assad
"neutralist" positions on Syria, and on Palestine itself, because of the
PFLP's decline into a non-strategic routine (and often into NGOs), it means
that these elders are incapable of training the youth politically.
In fact the overwhelming majority of SJP activists I know are incredibly
dedicated young hijabis who seem generally unaware of the PFLP -- which at
least means a tabula rasa for the Arab new left. On the latter, see
http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/2014/02/did-arab-leftists-betray-revolu-201421674037574769.html