[Marxism] Not George Sabra (Pham Binh) pimps for the Muslim Brotherhood and its capitalist masters

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Wed Apr 9 13:13:14 MDT 2014

On 4/9/14 3:03 PM, Andrew Pollack wrote:
> Pham's writings matter not just because they are an educational example of
> how renegades drift further and further to the right, but also because he
> continues to insert himself in various Arab lists and pages posing to the
> unaware as an innocent supporter of the region's revolutions.

This is one of the hazards, I suppose, of adopting a fake persona. It
preempts criticism or at least introduces a deniability factor. When
Binh early on materialized as "Not George Sabra", he coyly told a FB
friend "not so", when it is obviously him.

Sad really. When he was open about his ideas and willing to engage with
people, he was always careful to listen to criticisms even if he was not
willing to act on them.

He has smeared the Egyptian left that opposed Morsi as "social
fascists", a term that obviously hearkens back to the Comintern in its
most degenerate and self-destructive phase. Shameful...