[Marxism] Please aid an imprisoned Iranian union organizer

michael yates mikedjyates at msn.com
Sat Apr 12 18:48:13 MDT 2014

An Iranian friend sent me this letter. Please consider signing the petition linked below (second link):

I am writing this to first inform you of a threat that is facing
Shahrukh Zemani, a labor activist in Iran. Shahrukh has been in jail

for few years now and recently entered a hunger strike. His sole
“crime” is his political activities relating to organizing unions.
Shahrukh went on hunger strike after authorities decided to remove him
from political prisoners’ ward into a ward full of dangerous prisoners.
He has been on hunger strike for about 37 days now. Shahrukh has lost
about 70 pounds so far.

I am asking you to write a few sentences to condemn Shahrukh’s
detention as well as for prisons’ authorities not granting his demand
of being returned to political prisoners’ ward.

Here are few English links about Shahrukh:

http://www.workersliberty.org/story/2014/04/06/shahrokh-zamani-hunger-strike

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/the-iranian-government-free-shahrokh-zamani

https://www.facebook.com/freesharokh