[Marxism] Donbass miners

h0ost host at mailoo.org
Mon Apr 14 15:15:28 MDT 2014

On 04/14/2014 04:32 PM, Marv Gandall wrote:

> On 2014-04-14, at 2:53 PM, Andrew Pollack wrote:
>
>> Clearly the oligarch who owns the mines needs to be expropriated.

I've been attempting to keep track of the various videos posted on
YouTube by protesters.  In virtually none of them, has anyone said
anything in support of Yanukovich, or even mentioned his name.

The protesters seem to be a mix of people, some Russian nationalists,
some Stalinists motivated by neo-Soviet nostalgia (several Soviet flags
were hoisted, along with the Donbas Republic's flag at the building in
Mariupol), etc.

One Twitter profile that is publishing live from Slaviansk in English
is: https://twitter.com/GrahamWP_UK

He's apparently a Brit, independent journalist. He's been walking around
filming and talking to people. The videos of the protesters are useful
in getting a sense of what is happening on the streets.