[Marxism] Careers as Marxist intellectuals

Gulf Mann gulfmann at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 13:57:06 MDT 2014

Well, Mark, Horkheimer may not have been writing about himself but
instead about revolutionaries and the revolutionary road in general.
In either case, the quote itself is a memorable one and one I was
reminded of over and over while recently reading Susan Weissman's fine
2001 bio of Victor Serge. In our times, the anti-Stalinist Serge
helped to mark a line of march for Barry Sheppard and his writings,
for Lou and many others on this list (including you, too, Mark), and
for Marxmail itself. ~Howard Beeth, no stranger to the classroom & the
street