[Marxism] • Lawrence & Wishart: independent radical publishers

michael yates mikedjyates at msn.com
Fri Apr 25 18:56:02 MDT 2014

Can comrades explain to me what is so outrageous about the publisher's defense of its actions? I really would like to know. I don't know much about Lawrence and Wishart. They did a copublication with Monthly Review Press of John Tully's fine book on the Silverton (in London) strike in which Eleanor Marx played a prominent role. we appreciated their agreement to do this, and the support they have given to John in his London promotion of the book. Hopefully Billy Bragg won't find out about L and W's nefarious nature and refuse to endorse the book. He's met Tully and we sent him a copy of the book. He agreed to hype the book a bit after I asked him if he would be willing to do so.