[Marxism] The Bohemians

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sun Apr 27 15:08:39 MDT 2014

Dear friends,

My Walt Whitman comics have found a home with his fellow Bohemians in
this graphic history of creative non-conformity.

Whitman would invite you celebrate yourself in the grass, but I invite
you to a comfortable auditorium at CUNY, to taste the fruit of our
labors with an exhibition, a slide show and talks by the cartoonists and
editor of "Bohemians: A Graphic History," from Verso.

Featuring Paul Buhle, Peter Kuper, Jeff Lewis, Lance Tooks, Rebecca
Migdal, yours truly, & others... illustrating Oscar Wilde, Billie
Holliday, Woody Guthrie, John Reed, Josephine Baker, Carl Van Vechten,
Mabel Dodge, and many more.

Monday April 28th, 6:30 - 8PM
CUNY Graduate Center
365 Fifth Ave., at 34th St, NYC