[Marxism] Does the USA really want to destroy Russia economically?

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Mon Apr 28 10:01:37 MDT 2014

On 4/28/14 11:32 AM, Joan and Mike Whitney wrote:
> My reading of that article is that Obama is pushing the hardest
> sanctions that he thinks the EU will approve. How does that demonstrate
> an eagerness for peace or dialog?

Well, of course. But since the EU has little interest in disrupting
energy imports, this means that Obama is not about to launch WWIII.

> And, yes, RT is quite definitively a more reliable source of infor than
> the NYT which has  used its front pages to promote all kinds of
> provocative and erroneous claims on everything from sarin gas, aluminum
> tubes, mobile weapons labs, and recently fake photos of Russian troop
> movements. These were  not insignificant mistakes, but deliberate
> propaganda intended to create the rationale for going to war.

I take it you believe that sarin gas can get cooked up in a high school
chemistry lab per Seymour Hersh. What a silly idea.

> I don't know how any reasonable person can dispute the US media's role
> in dragging the nation to war.
>
> thanks for your thoughts, Mike

You should read Simon Ostrovsky's video dispatches from Vice.com. You
will see Russian jets flying in at close range over Ukrainian cities,
not NATO's. Ostrovsky was kidnapped by Putinite goons for his efforts.
There is another side to the story even if you deliberately ignore it.