[Marxism] Donald Sterling Thinks He Owns His Players; He's Not Alone

Charles Faulkner lacenaire at comcast.net
Mon Apr 28 18:30:24 MDT 2014

it's a persistent problem and extents beyond corporate heads.

a few years ago i had to upbraid an african-american nfl beat writer for the sun-sentinel when he referred to the ownership of a player after the player signed a contract to play for a team. despite the writer's gracious private acknowledgement of his error he did not make a public mea culpa and continues to make various iterations of the same gaff.

doc rivers, himself, the african-american coach of the clippers, was quoted at his press conference on this very scandal said, "I would just like to reiterate how disappointed I am in the comments attributed to our owner [emphasis mine] ..."

if you listen closely, you will find these examples are just the tip of the iceberg. it's born of laziness of course but reflects how subjugation is ingrained in our culture and language.