[Marxism] The Ukranian-SyrIan Arms Connection?

Clay Claiborne clayclai at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 20:18:35 MDT 2014

I didn't expect my comments to be so misunderstood so let me clarify:

I assumed a context that you ignored, so let me re-phrase my comment:

/I tend to think AK-47 has been the most common opposition assault
weapon *among the Syrian opposition.*//
// /

> Except, perhaps, for a few close US allies, they're by far the most common
> among anyone, anywhere.
>
> Have that many SKS's been seen in the hands of the
>> opposition?
If 54,000 SKS' have been given to the opposition in the first 2 years of
the conflict, I would expect to see a lot more of them in the hands of
the opposition.

By this I mean that I'm not sure that the opposition had 54,000 soldiers
in the first two years of the conflict, so if they received 54,000
SKS's, as the article claims, in 2011 and 2012, I would expect
opposition battlefield videos to show as many if not more SKS's than
AK-47's among opposition fighters. My question is has that been observed
as the case?

Whenever claims are made that the rebels received this weapon of that
weapon, I look for its use on the battlefield as confirmation, otherwise
I have doubts.

> That many have been seen everywhere else you might care to point. There are
> 75 million+ AK-47's in circulation, but 15 million+ SKS's aren't exactly
> rare, especially in the Middle East.
I don't given a damn how many are in in circulation, 15 million in
circulation doesn't prove the author's point. How many have actually
been observed in the hands of Assad's opposition, and who's hands have
they been observed in and when?

--
Clay Claiborne, Owner
Cosmos Engineering Co. <http://CosmosEng.com/>