[Marxism] Moscow Needs a New Anti-Cosmopolitan Campaign, Russian Historian Says

Glenn Kissack gkissack at nyc.rr.com
Tue Apr 29 17:09:52 MDT 2014

> One of the darkest pages in Soviet and indeed Russian history was the anti-cosmopolitan campaign Stalin unleashed against everything Western in 1949, a campaign that ultimately focused on the Jews whom the Soviet dictator was planning to deport beyond the Urals at the time of his death.

My understanding is that the deportation claim is a myth. I asked a leftist Russian friend of mine who emailed me that in 2002 and 2003 a well known anti-Soviet scholar, Gennadii Kostyrchenko, published essays disproving the myth. The author is very anti-Stalin and the essays caused quite a stir, but haven’t been refuted.

I don’t speak Russian, but for anyone who does, these are the citations my friend sent me:

Gennadii Kostyrchenko. "Massovaia vysylka evreev. Proshchanie s mifom stalinskoi epokhi." _Lekhaim_ No. 22 (September, 2002).

G.K., "Deportatsiia - Mistifikatsiia." _Otechestvennaia istoriia_ 1 (2003).

Even without speaking Russian, the title of the last essay is clear.

Glenn