[Marxism] Plaintext Version -- CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS: Khalas Wolf Blitzer & Michael Oren!

A.R. G amithrgupta at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 16:52:57 MDT 2014

To whom it may concern,

The following e-mail was disseminated yesterday as a call for volunteers.
Some people reported difficulties with its formatting. Here it is, resent
in plain text version. Apologies in advance for the repetition.

-----------------------

www.stopblitzer.org

A Call for Volunteers

Are you concerned about the media coverage of the ongoing slaughter in Gaza?
Are you worried about the threat to democracy stemming from corporate
media’s propaganda?
Are you against the dangerous collusion of journalism and lobbying?

JOIN US.
(Instructions below.)

We are a decentralized, grassroots community of activists demanding an end
to the lies, slander, and propaganda of CNN correspondent and former AIPAC
lobbyist Wolf Blitzer, and CNN contributer and former Israeli military
spokesman Michael Oren.

Khalas! Blitzer Oren (KBO) seeks to expose the irresponsible bias and
conspiracism that CNN correspondent and former AIPAC lobbyist Wolf Blitzer,
and CNN contributor and former Israeli military spokesperson Michael Oren,
have promoted from their respective platforms at CNN.
As individuals with clear conflicts of interest, Wolf Blitzer and Michael
Oren have used their platforms at CNN to mislead viewers about important
issues in the Middle East, and issue dehumanizing and degrading statements
about Palestinians.
Our group was specifically formed in the aftermath of irresponsible
reporting by Blitzer and Oren following the CNN-recorded killing of two
unarmed Palestinian teenagers, Nadeem Nawara and Mohamed Daher (pictured
above) by Israeli soldiers in the occupied Palestinian West Bank. Since
then, and during the ongoing mass killings of Palestinians in Gaza, Wolf
Blitzer has continued to produce biased, degrading, and one-sided coverage.
We call on CNN to:
- respect the dignified reporting of its own field journalists which have
been undermined by Wolf Blitzer and Michael Oren;
- to respect societies living under military occupation rather than
degrading them or whitewashing their suffering with distorted reporting;
- and to respect its viewers by striving for neutral coverage of a topic of
utmost  importance,
by ending its ties with Wolf Blitzer and Michael Oren once and for all.
Khalas!
Our work is inspired by the grassroots campaign of US-based Latino and
migrant activists which successfully demanded CNN cut ties with conspiracy
theorist Lou Dobbs, who used his former platform at CNN to spread
misleading and degrading propaganda about migrants and Latinos in the
United States.
CNN made the responsible decision to cut its ties with Lou Dobbs. We
believe it is time for CNN to make the same responsible decision to cut
ties with Wolf Blitzer and Michael Oren, as an effort to regain its
credibility as “the most trusted name in news”.
Unlike Wolf Blitzer and Michael Oren, KBO rejects all forms of conspiracism
and racism, and refuses to promote any discrimination against any
individual or group on the basis their ethnicity, religion, race, or
otherwise. We also stand firm in our commitment to justice for the
Palestinian people, including Palestinian victims of war and violence who
have been callously insulted by Wolf Blitzer and Michael Oren.

We need volunteers like YOU:
A) To get your community organization to endorse our mission statement, here
<http://www.stopblitzer.org/?page_id=24>.

B) To help us use social media to spread our call to action and petition
<https://www.change.org/petitions/jeff-zucker-president-of-cnn-drop-wolf-blitzer-and-michael-oren-from-cnn>
to CNN via Twitter, Facebook, e-mail, and otherwise

C) To update and maintain the KBO website, which tracks the lies
<http://www.stopblitzer.org/?page_id=18> and propaganda
<http://www.stopblitzer.org/?page_id=43>of Wolf Blitzer and Michael Oren.

Potential volunteers should e-mail CONTACT at STOPBLITZER.ORG IF interested,
with “VOLUNTEER” in the subject line, and include any organizational
affiliations (optional).

Unlike Wolf Blitzer and Michael Oren, KBO rejects all forms of conspiracism
and racism and refuses to promote any discrimination against any individual
or group on the basis their ethnicity, religion, race, or otherwise

www.stopblitzer.org

-30-

- Amith