[Marxism] 'Urgent Call from the Birzeit University Institute of Women's Studies'

Juan Fajardo fajardos at ix.netcom.com
Wed Aug 6 11:43:25 MDT 2014

«As we write this statement, 25 days after the brutal incursion on Gaza,
over a thousand and four hundred of innocent civilian women, men and
children have been butchered by Israel's war machine and much more are
threatened to be killed. The call for raping Palestinian women by the
so-called "Bar-Illan University Arabic Literature Professor" teaches us,
once again, that Israeli "scholars" and "academic institutions" are an
organic and integral part of the Zionist colonial project [...] Therefore:

As we write this statement, 25 days after the brutal incursion on Gaza,
over a thousand and four hundred of innocent civilian women, men and
children have been butchered by Israel's war machine and much more are
threatened to be killed. The call for raping Palestinian women by the
so-called "Bar-Illan University Arabic Literature Professor" teaches us,
once again, that Israeli "scholars" and "academic institutions" are an
organic and integral part of the Zionist colonial project - See more at:
http://www.birzeit.edu/news/institute-womens-studies-urgent-call#sthash.UT3DjQHX.dpuf

[...]

«We, at the Institute of Women's Studies at Birzeit University, call on
all scholars of the world, all women's organizations, all who fight for
freedom and justice to take a clear stand against this racist state's
continuous war crimes, genocidal acts, and violent rape culture. [...]
We call on you to:
     1. Boycott all Israeli "academic institutions" [...]»

Read the full statement at:
http://www.birzeit.edu/news/institute-womens-studies-urgent-call