[Marxism] Resisting Nazis, He Saw Need for Israel. Now He Is Its Critic

Lüko Willms marxmail at lws-media.de
Sun Aug 17 04:55:46 MDT 2014

on Samstag, 16. August 2014 at 15:32, Louis Proyect via Marxism quoted:

> Israel still occupies the West Bank; it pulled troops out of Gaza
> in 2005 but retains control over its seafront, airspace and
> most of its borders.

  ALL of its borders, not just "most". The border with Egypt is controlled indirectly, by the Egyptian proxy, and initially also with the collaboration of European officers in the back offices of the checkpoint.

  Also, the withdrawal of the settlers was accompanied by the complete destruction of all buildings in those citadels, er, settlements, with the exception of synagogues which were left standing as provocations. Nothing should be usable for the Arabs in Gaza.

  And the state of Israel also controls the population - as I learned from the article "Israel showed restraint in Gaza before attacking? You must be kidding" by Amira Hass in Haaretz (some time mid July) behind a pay wall, but in full here:
> <http://anwaribrahimblog.com/2014/07/16/israel-showed-restraint-in-gaza-before-attacking-you-must-be-kidding/>

> Israel still controls the population registry for Gaza and the
> West Bank. Every Palestinian newborn in Gaza or the West Bank must
> be registered with the Israeli Interior Ministry (via the
> Coordination and Liaison Administration) to be able to obtain
> an ID card at age 16.
>
> The information typed into the cards is also in Hebrew. Have you
> ever heard of an independent state whose people must register in the
> “neighboring” (occupying and attacking) state — otherwise they won’t
> have documents and won’t officially exist?

and

> Gaza and the West Bank have the same international area code — 970.
> (The separate code is an empty gesture left over from the Oslo
> period. The Palestinian phone system is a branch of the Israeli one.
> When the Shin Bet security service calls a house in Gaza to announce
> that the air force is going to bomb that house, the Shin Bet
> doesn’t have to dial 970).

  Israel's code is 972

  And obviously the Israeli state knows the whole phone directory of Gaza, as they show by those automatic phone calls and text messages telling "get out from your place, we want to destroy it, or you get killed, too!", as is the message of the colonizers from the beginnings of the 20th century, and especially since the war of conquest waged in 1948/49.

Cheers,
Lüko Willms
Frankfurt, Germany