[Marxism] Quantrill's Raiders Come to Ferguson

Russell Morse russell.morse at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 17 07:43:22 MDT 2014

There is a counter-tradition in Missouri history that we should not overlook - that of the German immigrant workers (48'ers) in St. Louis who armed themselves and allied with a small force of Union troops to seize the local arsenal, march on Jefferson City, and overthrow the secessionist state government, thereby keeping Missouri in the Union. Perhaps some of their descendants are among the white folks who have joined the protests in Ferguson.

The American Scholar: Civil Warfare in the Streets - Adam Goodheart

The American Scholar: Civil Warfare in the Streets - Ada...
After Fort Sumter, German immigrants in St. Louis flocked to the Union cause and in bloody confrontations overthrew the local secessionists
View on theamericanscholar.org Preview by Yahoo