[Marxism] The Islamic State and ground-to-air missiles

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Sun Aug 17 14:56:37 MDT 2014

On Aug 17, 2014, at 2:24 PM, Louis Proyect wrote:

> On 8/17/14 2:05 PM, Shane Mage wrote:
>> Louis Proyect wrote:...I said that there is no evidence that a "rat
>> line" existed.

>> Benghazi is the public evidence that Hersh's whistleblowers were
>> right--the presence of a CIA base plus the ambassador visiting a
>> "consulate" where there was obviously no consular business to be done
>> has no other remotely plausible explanation.

> Wall Street Journal, October 17, 2012:
>
> ...To keep control of the flow of weapons to the Syrian rebels,
> Turkey, Saudi Arabia and Qatar formed a joint operations room early
> this year in a covert project U.S. officials watched from afar.
>
> The U.S. has limited its support of the rebels to communications
> equipment, logistics and intelligence. But U.S. officials have
> coordinated with the trio of countries sending arms and munitions to
> the rebels. The Pentagon and CIA ramped up their presence on
> Turkey’s southern border as the weapons began to flow to the rebels
> in two to three shipments every week.

How can you quote that and still claim "no evidence" of a "rat line"
sending "two to three shipments every week" of weapons through Turkey
from Libya?

> In July, the U.S. effectively halted the delivery of at least 18
> Manpads sourced from Libya, even as the rebels pleaded for more
> effective antiaircraft missiles to counter regime airstrikes in
> Aleppo, people familiar with that delivery said.

Why is it kosher for the WSJ to cite unnamed Obamist propagandists but
trief for Sy Hersh to cite unnamed whistleblowers?

Shane Mage

"scientific discovery is basically recognition of obvious realities
that self-interest or ideology have kept everybody from paying
attention to"