[Marxism] Fwd: Breaking: UI Trustees meeting, as we tweet | Corey Robin

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Mon Aug 18 13:41:13 MDT 2014

Away all weekend and offline, but came home to this breaking news: the
Executive Committee of the University of Illinois Trustees is meeting,
right now (Monday, 2:30 pm), to discuss the following:

In closed session, the Executive Committee will consider University
employment or appointment-related matters, and pending, probable or
imminent litigation against, affecting, or on behalf of the University.

I have no idea if this meeting had been previously scheduled or not. And
I have no idea if this is in reference to Steven Salaita’s case. You’ll
recall that Wise or some other administrator had said that the Trustees
weren’t scheduled to meet until September, when they would have been
expected to vote on Salaita’s appointment. This would suggest this
meeting (which, it should be pointed out, is of the Executive Committee
rather than the full Board) is an emergency meeting to consider the
Salaita affair, but again, I can’t know for sure.

full:
http://coreyrobin.com/2014/08/18/breaking-ui-trustees-meeting-as-we-tweet/