[Marxism] Fwd: Outside agitators in Ferguson, Missouri | Louis Proyect: The Unrepentant Marxist

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Tue Aug 26 08:17:21 MDT 2014

A week ago the popular news and gossip website Gawker published an
article titled “Who Are the 'Revolutionary Communists' Allegedly
Agitating in Ferguson?” by Michelle Deane, the author of such
illuminating pieces such as “Your End-of-August Cocktail Is A Lemon
Rosemary Vodka Fizz”.

Since I confess to not being a regular Gawker reader, I thought I’d take
a quick look at its provenance through the generally reliable Wikipedia.
A Brit named Nick Denton, whose politics are rather hard to pin down,
launched it in 2003. His main ambition seems to be making money. For
some odd reason, he decided to launch a website inspired by the sorry
career of Tina Brown, the former editor of “Vanity Fair”, the obvious
inspiration for Gawker.

full:
http://louisproyect.org/2014/08/26/outside-agitators-in-ferguson-missouri/