[Marxism] Excellent piece on ISIS/Iraq/Syria

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri Aug 29 09:14:01 MDT 2014

On 8/29/14 11:01 AM, Andrew Pollack via Marxism wrote:
> When I saw the author's name (Sam Charles Hamad) I read it expecting to
> come across much I disagreed with -- and I didn't. Sam very often teams up
> with Pham Binh to mock my calls for working class participation in, and
> leadership of, the Syrian Revolution -- in fact we're involved in a flame
> war over that right now.

FYI, Sam had a falling out with "Not George Sabra" over his
"disseminating a racist, pro-Israel article written by Aboud Dandachi,
basically slandering all those who marched in solidarity with Gaza as
anti-semites and Nazis, with a particularly racist emphasis on Arabs and
Muslims who were protesting", as he put it to me. I really don't pay any
attention to "Not George Sabra" and didn't think that Andy's outrage was
called for since our old friend adopted a sock puppet identity and
evolved into a contrarian crank.