[Marxism] Pablo Iglesias on reaching the working class

David P Á david at miradoiro.com
Mon Dec 8 11:01:01 MST 2014

On 07/12/2014 12:18, Louis Proyect via Marxism wrote:
> The leader of Podemos says in 7 minutes and 20 seconds what I have been
> trying to say for the past 30 years. That his party has been polling
> ahead of the bourgeois parties in Spain gives me hope for the future.
Just pointing out it has only polled ahead in one survey, and in direct
voting intent (this is to say, not in the post-processed data). There's
a lot one has to do to surveys to obtain a reliable forecast, among
other things using vote rememberence for reliability (people get asked
hwom they voted for before, if they did, and adjustments are done on
this basis). Because of Podemos being a new party and this being the
first time they are to participate in general elections, it is
particularly hard to track their likely results.

--David.