[Marxism] The talk black parents have with their children

Ernest Leif ernestleif at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 17:06:23 MST 2014

Doug Henwood recently posted viaF that what we are seeing with the protests
and activism around Ferguson and Eric Garner is nothing less than a
legitimacy crisis - something I too had been feeling. How deep that crisis
goes or how long it lasts is anybody's guess.

That said, my cousin Jason Warwin and close friend, Khary Lazarre-White
head a youth development and enrichment community organization in West
Harlem called The Brotherhood/SisterSol: http://brotherhood-sistersol.org/

The organization, as well as some of it's members and alumns have been
active and fierce critics around the stop and frisk policies that target
black and brown youth in New York City:
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/18/opinion/sunday/young-black-and-frisked-by-the-nypd.html

The ad agency Saatchi & Saatchi has just made a video, with the input of
Bro/Sis about what it means to be a young black man in today's America. I
thought it might be of interest to post here because when the gilded,
cultural elite starts to worry about the lives of young, mostly poor, black
men, it tells me that they're worried that something is amiss. Or maybe I'm
just reading into this too much. At any rate...

http://www.talkaboutthetalk.org/