[Marxism] We Should All Support SYRIZA

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri Dec 12 15:21:11 MST 2014

On 12/12/14 5:06 PM, James Creegan via Marxism wrote:
> But if
> you have so much in-depth knowledge that I lack, why don't you try
> sifting through it and pulling out a few discrete facts or observations that
> tend to contradict what I'm saying, and allow me to respond (if I am.   .
> able) with a few select facts and/or observations of my own.

I am not here to educate you about Nicaragua. You make a foolish
comparison between Mitterand and Daniel Ortega without taking into
account that France was a powerful imperialist nation with a long
history as a colonizer while Nicaragua was a country with a population
the size of Brooklyn and a GNP less than what Americans spend on blue
jeans in a year. And with one elevator in the entire country, with an
economy already devastated by earthquake. And you think that the FSLN's
problem was that it did not "lay hands" on the capitalists? How am I
supposed to respond to that? It is such a cockeyed notion that it is not
worth responding to.

I posted a link to my article not for your benefit because you have been
irreparably damaged by sectarianism. It is for young people who may have
been born after the FSLN took power. I invited you to write something
fully expecting you to weasel your way out of actually reading something
about Nicaragua. In fact I don't think that mailing lists gain much from
4 or 5 sentence stupid comparisons between France and Nicaragua. If you
were a bit more modest, you'd realize that you were wasting bandwidth
with such empty bombast.

You are not the first person mistrained in Spartacist League
sectarianism that we have encountered in this neck of the woods, but the
first since Marxmail was born. We had a slew of FSLN critics long ago,
like Bob Malecki. It seems like a century ago, thank goodness.