[Marxism] We Must All Support SYRIZA

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sat Dec 13 12:52:23 MST 2014

On 12/13/14 2:29 PM, James Creegan via Marxism wrote:
> I think I can similarly reply that I was comparing Mitterand, Allende
> and Ortega in one respect only: they headed governments that
> challenged capital in certain ways, but had no strategy for
> combating the furious reaction on the part of the national
> and international bourgeoisie that inevitably followed.

Yes, everybody can remember how neo-Nazi guerrillas streamed across the
border with Germany and began setting fire to the vineyards in
Languedoc. What a terrible time that was.

> support Syriza and Podemos without undue criticism! I submit that any
> perceptive reader of this exchange--young, old or in between--will
> conclude that all your bluster, diversion and Spart baiting does
> not succeed in covering up the simple fact that you have no
> convincing answer to the question I have raised.

You're right. Your ability to navigate vast portions of the planet
covering decades toward the end purpose of rendering a complex reality
so simple leaves me breathless. How dare I enter into the debate with
our epoch's Leon Tortsky.