[Marxism] Fwd: Obama’s hackers | Louis Proyect: The Unrepentant Marxist

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sat Dec 20 14:33:26 MST 2014

No matter how many years I have been monitoring crimes high and low in
what co-authors Alexander Cockburn and Ken Silverstein called
“Washington Babylon”, there are those times that I can only do a
double-take over something I read in the NY Times. Today was one of
those days as I read an article titled innocently enough “Panel to
Advise Against Penalty for C.I.A.’s Computer Search”. If you tried to
guess what the article was about from he heading, you’d wonder why
anybody would be penalized for a “computer search”. After all, I use
Google 25 times a day and nobody ever had the need to penalize me, even
IT management at Columbia University that probably figured out that if I
was on Google, it was to find out who starred in Godard’s “Contempt”
rather than how to do a recursive grep in Unix.

full: http://louisproyect.org/2014/12/20/obamas-hackers/