[Marxism] Die Linke are a fucking disgrace

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Wed Dec 24 14:35:19 MST 2014

Aditya Sarkar on Die Linke (from FB):

Die Linke are a fucking disgrace. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Gysi
is pushing resolutions at this very moment to have antiracist
demonstrations labelled antisemitic. Toilettengate summed up the extent
of die Linke's internationalism. I'm sure there are dissenting voices
within the party but seriously they're beyond disgusting. On Palestine,
well, they make Tony Blair look good. My impression is that the
antideutsch racists now pretty much call the shots. The party has
officially declared open season on all Palestine solidarity campaigning.
My sense is that on this issue they're probably well to the right of
mainstream German opinion. Ultimately a craven bunch of Leitkultur
bullies, despite the pathetic posturing. The Blumenthal episode was
beyond grotesque. Sorry John - I haven't read the article you posted, I
just saw you refer to die Linke and I saw red. Or rather I saw
everything but red.

To be fair there ARE fissures. Some time back the Rosa Luxemburg
Stiftung issued an excellent statement on Palestine and racism and
Islamophobia. Gysi's recent insanity is in part a coup against such
tendencies. But really I wish there was more hue and cry about this. The
recent episode reveals that one of the more significant left formations
in Europe is actually deeply racist at its core. All the genuine
historical trauma and the real difficulty faced in talking about the
issue in Germany do not justify this. Somehow the dominant forces on the
German left have it firmly fixed in what passes for their brains that
you cannot oppose Islamophobia and antisemitism at the same time. The
logical result of this of course will eventually be a shamefaced
accommodation with both. But really. Whatever the pathologies of the
British left, it has nothing to learn from die Linke. And especially
from the antideutsch fifth columnists who clearly have Gysi's undivided
attention. Racist scum.

They also declared that Jewish anti Zionism is a form of antisemitism.
"There can be no such thing as Jewish anti-Zionism", I think, were the
sage words from the leadership.The three unfortunate members who invited
Max Blumenthal to speak were forced to apologize publicly. Its hilarious
and sad and scary all at once.