[Marxism] Selling ‘Peace Groups’ on US-Led Wars

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sun Dec 28 20:17:50 MST 2014

On 12/28/14 9:27 PM, A.R. G wrote:
> There is no reason a US-based "peace" group should be hosting any
> speakers that call for the NATO bombardment of Syria.

I am writing a response to this article tomorrow but in the meantime I
invite comrades to check the Facebook page for this group and see if you
find a single sentence calling for American intervention:

https://www.facebook.com/SyriaDialogue.Minnesota

In the meantime, I just want to zero in on these sentences in the article:

"With all of the information about Syria, what are we to believe as
true? We know the facts about recent U.S. interventions in Middle
Eastern countries. Why would Syria be any different?"

This is stupidity of the highest order. It assumes that you can't
separate fact from fiction. One of the collateral damages of rallying
around the Baathist dictatorship is a dumbing down of the left press,
both print and electronic. In September 2013 some imbecile on Facebook
told me that he had no problems with false reporting on the sarin gas
attack in Ghouta if it served the antiwar movement. Haven't people read
anything about how the CPUSA went from 100,000 members to less than
10,000? If we don't have the truth on our side, we have nothing.