[Marxism] Selling ‘Peace Groups’ on US-Led Wars

A.R. G amithrgupta at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 03:24:01 MST 2014

There has been at least one anti-war demonstration since the US began
bombing Syria. Unfortunately, as I found when I attended it, it was
incredibly small and half of the people there supported Assad and saw it as
an attack on the Syrian regime's sovereignty.

I think the alleged hypocrisy you describe, though, is less to do with
allegiance to the Syrian regime per se and more to do with the public's
apathy short of the US government taking part in active regime change,
which appears to suggest the opening of some kind of greater can of worms.
Unfortunately it seems as though "targeted strikes" don't rouse the
public's anger, especially when they are framed as targeted attacks against
"the bad guys".

- Amith