[Marxism] FW: How the West Manufactures Opposition Movements

Michael Karadjis mkaradjis at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 16:35:02 MST 2014

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthew Russo

> However, the interventions of
EU/NATO imperialism must also be taken into account.  The tendency to
not
properly do so is my main beef with some of the
'anti-anti-imperialists",
in a reaction to the Putin-loving phonies that can be overly one-sided
and
mechanical at times.

Fair enough. But the question is, when you 'take them into account," you
need to take into account what they are actually doing, not what many
might imagine they are doing, just because something has been repeated
thousands of times. So when you write:

> This same basically holds for Syria,
where NATO indirectly blocs with Saudi-promoted Islamic Jihadi
ideologues
who aren't exactly the friends of progress.

All I can say is, "no, it doesn't". If it did, then that would be a good
basis for critiquing the imperialist role. The imperialist role needs to
be critiqued for what it actually is. In fact, the conflation of US
imperialism with Saudi Arabia with Jihadists, just because we don't like
any of them, and all three are counterrevolutionary, is a fantasy - all
3 parts of that imaginary triangle.