[Marxism] Seattle Seahawks

mckenna193 at aol.com mckenna193 at aol.com
Fri Feb 7 10:59:00 MST 2014

When I was a youth I was glued to the set for 15 hours every weekend. I played defensive back at MSGR. Bonner High school in Philly, (whose graduate John Cappelletti won the Heisman), until I ripped my ankle to sheds in the brutal practices. There were 2,000 boys in our school at the time and competition for a spot was fierce. The coaches were barbarians. We did three a day workouts in the hot August of 1973, in full gear. the Coach did not allow us to drink any water, at all, in the 90 degree temps. Not manly in those Vietnam days. Many of my pals were carted away to the hospital withe the permanent ambulance situated at the top of the hill. Heat exhaustion and heat stroke were common.

I went on to quarterback our intramural touch-team team to the championship that year, on a hobbled ankle.

I understand that Football is the American mythical spectacle, a Carlin so well put it,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmXacL0Uny0

but I still enjoy it, and rooted for the Seahawks.

I'm not glued to the tube anymore. . .now it's a book!

Best,
Brian McKenna