[Marxism] Military Humanitarian Intervention: the Shock Doctrine Applied to Syria

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sat Feb 15 14:43:52 MST 2014

On 2/15/14 4:31 PM, Allen Ruff wrote:
> So do we dismiss the critique of Postel & Hashemi entirely, or are there
> no legitimate concerns raised regarding their call for armed
> intervention?

I don't think I would have bothered responding to your posting of his
article if he wasn't tarnished by supporting Sister Agnes Mariam. Out of
curiosity, I googled his name and "Syria" and that bad penny turned up.
Like a lot of people (Seymour Hirsch, Pepe Escobar, John Rees, et al),
their only interest is in making sure that the USA does not bomb Syria
or put boots on the ground. Once a crisis disappears (like the Red Line
business after Ghouta), they forget that Syria exists. Well, to be more
accurate I sense that they pray to their gods that the barrel bombs,
rockets, and Leningrad-type sieges will finally make the impudent Syrian
majority cry uncle.