[Marxism] Military Humanitarian Intervention: the Shock Doctrine Applied to Syria

Michael Karadjis mkaradjis at gmail.com
Sat Feb 15 19:38:36 MST 2014

I wonder if Prince or FPIF chose the pic for this crummy piece of
un-researched "opinion". There you have a young Arabic-looking man, with
a beard (just a short one, doesn't look particularly "jihadist"),
holding a gun, with graffiti on the wall behind him reading "we will
fight untill the end inshallah".

Now since Prince's article rests on the cartoonish view that the rebels
are equally responsible with the regime for the slaughter and carnage
and the continuation of the war (I mean, wtf??? Get a brain, like), we
can only assume this pic is meant as a criticism of the rebels. Yet this
pic could just as easily be Palestine, couldn't it? It could have been
the Iraqi resistance to US occupation (where, btw, real
jihadist-sectarian crimes of an enormous scale were actually carried
out, unlike the scattering we see in Syria), couldn't it? Hell, it could
have been a lot of places where people resist repression.

Hopefully we'll soon see Prince likewise prevailing on the victims in
Palestine to give up the struggle as well, and stop "fighting until the
end inshallah."

MK