[Marxism] The Woody Allen case - latimes.com

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sun Feb 16 08:31:37 MST 2014

On 2/16/14 10:10 AM, Tristan Sloughter wrote:
> Then there are pieces like in WSWS which are so over the top it
> certainly must only do harm to convincing anyone Allen is or could be
> innocent.

They were notorious for defending Roman Polanski but I wouldn't let that
influence how we see the Farrow-Allen battles. What helped me make up my
mind on this case was the testimony under oath of child psychologist
Sandra Coates who had been hired by Mia Farrow. This is the same Coates
whose description of Allen's attention on Dylan as "inappropriate" has
practically gone viral. In searching for information on her, I
discovered that she testified that Allen's interest in Dylan was not
sexual and more importantly that Dylan was so prone to fantasy that it
would affect the way she saw an apple tree. That's not Allen's
psychotherapist but Farrow's. Also, for what its worth, she also
testified that she worried about Allen's safety because Farrow had
become so enraged at him, so much so that she warned him about visiting
the house. This does not sound like an environment in which he would
choose to prey on Dylan.