[Marxism] ISO Snuff Porn

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Tue Feb 18 16:05:50 MST 2014

On 2/18/14 5:37 PM, Charlie wrote:

> Marc Solomon wrote (about Peter Camejo): "one narcissistic millionaire"
>
> I knew several progressives who placed their retirement in his hands at
> Progressive Asset Management (yes, when he was there) and lost it. They
> regard Camejo as little more than a swindler in finance, after being
> attracted by his political activity.

In fact I broke with Peter after 1987 when I discovered he was churning
my account. I only reconciled with him after seeing him taking a major
responsibility with the Green Party and putting the stock business on
the back burner. Back in 1981 when I was spending a lot of time with
Peter getting the North Star organized, he was in a quandary about how
to start a job when he hadn't worked in nearly 30 years. He tried
working at the post office briefly but could not handle it. Around that
time an ex-SWP'er from San Diego had begun to persuade Peter that he
could make it as a stockbroker. He launched his business using people he
knew from the SWP as well as rich Venezuelans. The investment business
is a deeply corrupting business and it had its effect on Peter. In terms
of his role in the Greens, there was no relationship. The only impact
that the industry had on his thinking was to see capitalism as far more
dynamic than it really was. I wrote about that here:

http://www.columbia.edu/~lnp3/mydocs/economics/peter_camejos_long_wave_l.htm