[Marxism] Syria: Supreme Military Council Challenges Syrian National Coalition, blocks Idrisss Dismissal

Michael Karadjis mkaradjis at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 06:40:30 MST 2014

Supreme Military Council Challenges Syrian National Coalition, blocks
General Idrisss Dismissal
The Supreme Military Council has challenged the opposition politicians
of the Syrian National Coalition, rejecting its dismissal of General
Salim Idriss as military commander:
Flanked by commanders, General Salim Idriss said in a video statement,
“We…have been asked to start working on a total restructuring of the
SMC.”
Idriss blamed the Syrian National Coalition’s Defence Minister Asaad
Mustafa for the decision to replace him with Abdel Ilah al-Bashir, the
commander of the Quneitra Front in southern Syria.
The SMC, in a declaration signed by 16 commanders, backed the General:
(The) decrees were improvised and taken without consultation: they are
therefore unlawful and illegitimate. Therefore, we wish to reaffirm that
we do not in anyway recognise any statements issued by them.
Secondly, General Salim Idris has been tasked to carry out a
comprehensive restructuring initiative of the Supreme Military Council,
including the moderate military and revolutionary forces on the ground
in order to invest in all available human resources accordingly.
Thirdly, we call upon all military and revolutionary forces on the
ground to join the Supreme Military Council to unite and fight together
to oust the criminal regime. God is our witness.
http://eaworldview.com/2014/02/syria-daily-insurgents-re-capture-industrial-area-east-aleppo/#idriss2

General Dr Salim Idriss: SMC Chief of Staff
http://smcsyria.com/en/general-dr-salim-idriss-smc-chief-of-staff/
Posted by: SMCOffice 14 hours ago in Statements Leave a comment
In the name of God the Merciful the Compassionate
“Verily! Allah loveth those who battle for His cause in ranks, as if
they were a solid structure”God Almighty speaks the truth – (Qu’ran
As-Saf 61vs4)
Observers who have been monitoring the path of the revolution, and
particularly in recent days – where our people inside Syria continue to
face regime rockets and barrel bombs – have noticed that some opposition
and military parties took certain measures based on personal and
individual interests. Today, front line commanders and the heads of
local councils join me, in my capacity as Chief of Staff of the Supreme
Military Council of Revolutionary and Military Forces. After consulting
with revolutionary forces on the ground we have decided on the
following:
Firstly, we have broken all links with Majlis al-Thalatheen and the
temporary government Defence minister as their decrees were improvised
and taken without consultation: they are therefore unlawful and
illegitimate. Therefore, we wish to reaffirm that we do not in anyway
recognise any statements issued by them.
Secondly, General Salim Idris has been tasked to carry out a
comprehensive restructuring initiative of the Supreme Military Council,
including the moderate military and revolutionary forces on the ground
in order to invest in all available human resources accordingly.
Thirdly, we call upon all military and revolutionary forces on the
ground to join the Supreme Military Council to unite and fight together
to oust the criminal regime. God is our witness.
Statement signatories:
General Dr. Salim Idris – SMC Chief of Staff
Sr. Brg. General Ziad Fahd – Commander of the southern frontline
Mr. Bashar Al Zoabi – Revolutionary leader of the southern frontline
Sr. Colonel Abdul Baset Al Taweel – Commander of the northern frontline
Colonel Mustafa Hashem – Commander of the central western frontline
Sr. Colonel Fateh Hassoun – Homs frontline Commander
Lieutenant Col. Dr. Mohamad Al Abboud – Commander of eastern frontline
Brigadier General Ahmad Barri – Commander of Hama Military Council
Sr. Colonel Bakkour Al Salim – Military Council Commander of Damascus
and Damascus countryside
Sr. Colonel Afif Suleiman – Commander of Idlib Military Council
Colonel Muhammad Awad – Commander of Military Council in the coastal
area
Sr. Colonel Ahmad Al Nema – Commander of Daraa Military Council
Sr. Colonel Muhammad Muataz Raslan – Commander of Al Raqqa Military
Council
Sr. Colonel Bashar Saadadine – Commander of Homs Council
Lieutenant Col. Muhannad Al Tallaa – Commander of Deir Ezzor Council
Lieutenant Col. Abdul Majeed Sultan – Commander of Hassaka Council